How do I upload my photos for printing?
We have tried to make it easy for you to choose your photos from various sources for printing, but we are aware that our system is not yet perfect!
To access your photos, you first want to hit "upload photos". This will bring up the file uploader, a helpful tool that will allow you to choose from various social media platforms, Flickr, Google Photos, Dropbox, or your computer.
Please note, for certain products we cannot allow uploads from Facebook or Instagram due to the size of the images from these sources. If a product does not allow these social sites, you will not see them listed as an option. Both of these sites compress the photos when you post them, and these small photos are not suitable for larger products.
Here are some guidelines for how to have the best uploading experience:
- Use Chrome on a computer to order, our uploader isn't great on mobile or tablets. If you would like to order from your mobile or tablet device, you can download our app!
- Make sure all your images are JPEG, HEIC, or PNG.
- The minimum size photo for most products is 612px x 612px.
- The maximum size file for a Wall Filler is 25MB
- We recommend a 300 ppi resolution for the clearest prints.
- We accept RGB color profiles. CMYK can cause some Lisa Frank neon nightmares, but this could be what you are into 😀
- Unless you're ordering a Wall Filler, please do not upload photos larger than 6MB.
If you're having trouble uploading, here are some typical causes:
- Using Internet Explorer to order. Our website isn't very compatible with this browser, sorry!
- Using a mobile or tablet device to order. Our website works best from a computer.
- Uploading the wrong file type. Make sure they're .jpg, .png or .heic.
- Uploading the wrong image size. Check your images are at least the minimum pixel size for this particular product. Our minimums are generally the size at 100dpi, so for example an 8x8" print will need to be at least 800x800 pixels. We have more resources for the best size to print at here.
- Spending too long on your order or leaving uploaded photos overnight. Our back-end only saves incomplete orders for up to 8 hours, and only if the items are in your cart. We can only save in progress orders for select products. We're working on improving this!
- Uploading many very large photos. If you're uploading hundreds of photos and a lot of them are over 2MB in size, our uploader can slow down or stall. For items that require many photos, like our calendars, we recommend you use images under 2MB in size and upload in batches of 20-30 at a time. We apologize for this inconvenience.
My upload timed out and appears stuck on "Loading Images". HELP!!!!
The never ending load generally occurs when there is a hiccup in your connection. This is a lot of information to send to our server, so a hiccup in your connection can cause stalls.
If you are uploading many photos at once, you may want to try uploading less photos at once. For larger projects like photobooks and 365 day calendars, we recommend uploading 20-30 images at once. If you are currently stuck, scroll over the box behind "loading images", you should be able to click this box with your mouse to bring the uploader back up. Once you do this, try to upload a single photo. This will sometimes push the rest of the stuck images through. If not, it should upload this single photo, and allow you to choose more photos for upload without losing your work.