Layflat Photo Album
Our premium Layflat Photo Album is printed on archival quality 220gsm Kodak luster photo paper. The book measures 8x10" (20.32x25.4 cm) with 38 thick pages. Opt for a dust jacket or a linen cover in one of 11 classic colors. And just like all of our products, it’s made in the USA.
- For full-bleed pages we recommend uploading high res images only.
- The dust jacket is printed on 163gsm Fuji Thin Luster paper covered with a protective UV coating to protect from fingerprints.
- Layflat Photo Albums with a dust jacket selected have 11 linen options for the hardcover.
- Layflat Photo albums with a foil stamp selected have 10 linen options for the hardcover. (The Half-Linen does not allow foil stamping.)
I’m a photo book newbie. How do I print a Layflat Photo Album?
For a simple tutorial on how to print your first Layflat Photo Album, check out our how-to guide here. Our tutorial will guide you through possible layouts, photo counts, re-arranging, and captions so when you are ready to place your order you will already be a pro!
What’s the difference between a Photo Book and a Layflat Photo Album?
The Layflat Photo Album is our premium photo book option at a fraction of the cost of our competitors’ layflat photo albums. It’s called a “Layflat'' because it’s bound in a specific way that allows it to lay flat on a hard surface. Our Layflat Albums allow you to print a full two page spread without losing any portion of the image in the binding. Layflat Photo Albums are the highest quality photo albums out there and are often used for wedding photos, anniversary gifts, and special occasions.
What are the exact pixel counts for pages and dust covers on these books?
We admire your attention to detail.
- Pages are 1450x1750 pixels
- Dust covers are 2102x2622 pixels
Foil Stamping Details
- Three lines of text may be printed on foil stamped covers.
- Each line has a text limit of 32 characters.
- We cannot foil stamp our Half-Linen cover option due to the texture and color of this linen.
A Note on Cropping
Our Layflat Photo Albums feature full bleed dust covers, and the pages can also be chosen to print full bleed. Due to the nature of full bleed printing and trimming, we recommend keeping all important subjects at least 0.25” from the edge shown on the cropping menu and print preview. Full bleed prints can be cropped up to an additional 0.25” from this preview so we recommend keeping all vital limbs, heads, and text away from these crop lines.
Can Instagram Photos be used for these books?
We don't recommend using Instagram photos in our Layflat Photo Albums. They will be printed with a large amount of white space around them because the image size is too small to be printed full bleed.
If you would like to print your Instagram photos, there are some grid page options (website only) that have small enough grids to facilitate the smaller Instagram file size. We recommend these grid options for smaller social media photos as printing them full bleed can result in pixelated pages. If you are ordering from our apps please use the original files rather than these smaller Instagram photos.
Can I print my title in another language?
We can only print English characters for your title. The preview may show non-English characters but our script cannot understand them. Non-English characters will be printed as a "?".